Wednesday, April 7, 2010

International'isms'

It's been a quite a while since my last post, which I can blame on a number of things.
a) Yom Tov
b) Pesach cleaning/cooking/baking/preparations
c) Dating
d) isn't there a 'no typing' rule on Chol Hamoed?!? (ignorance is bliss)
So, I do apologize, however, I have come to a speculation over the 'Pesach period'. It's nothing new that suddenly had me enlightened, it just strengthened my beliefs. This belief I'm referring to is 'International Guys'. Yes people-IGs are something I can get used to.
I first thought of non-North American, but that just sounded negative, so International is more like it. I'm talking about well-mannered, polite, nice, young, gentlemen who know how to treat a woman and know how to behave like mentches!
No offense New Yorkers-but when it comes to manners-most of you ain't got 'em (again-I'm only referring to my experience of single NY guys that I've dated, but for the record=not ALL of you...). The few International guys I've had the pleasure of dating have all been overly polite, very well-mannered and treated me like-well, like a woman. Not 'another date' and not 'another number' or 'another out-of-towner'. They've traveled for numerous hours, from a 7 hour to 12 hour to 16 hour to 24 hour trip just to go out and they were all mature and polite.
So, my question is: WHERE ARE THE REST OF THE SINGLE INTERNATIONAL GUYS?!?!

3 comments:

  1. My one experience with a foreign fellow was not wonderful. So, sorry, don't share the love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share the love for IG, but what about the relocation factor? Don't they ususally make you sign a contract before going out with you that promises to move to their foreign land? I went out with a couple of IG who kept stringing me along while they dated other girls, one got engagede 3 days after he had rescheduled a date for the 5th time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. one IG I dated wanted to go to the supermarket.... on a first date.

    ReplyDelete