Thursday, September 17, 2009

That's what Friends are For!

Listen up people and I will tell you what a truly fortunate gal I am!
B"H Hashem has Blessed me with the most amazing...umm...I mean A-M-A-Z-I-N-G friends! Friends that stick together through thick and thin, the ones that make you laugh and the ones that cry with you. The ones that share their stories and still listen to yours. The ones that are there for you no matter what, the ones that will drop anything/everything at a moment's notice when you need them. Friends that are like sistas!

and why, you may ask, do I decide now to tell you about this? Well, because today I have the perfect story to illustrate the meaning, to make you understand how truly special my friends are!

So today I was supposed to meet my bestie, Rochele, for lunch. Turns out her day was crazy, and mine got busy and our 'lunch date' never came to be.

Then smack in middle of the afternoon I worked it out that I had a 15 minute opening to go out and grab somethin to eat and as I went to my car, Rochele calls me. After apologizing about how hectic things were she sounds really excited on the phone and asks me if I can take my lunch now. I tell her I'm on my way to the car and she goes ballistic. Turns out, she also only had a 15 min. opening and she grabbed a ride with her co-worker to the nearest cafe to pick something up. Whilst paying for her croissants, she hears two guys talking. She turns around and sitting right behind her are 2 goodlooking, well-dressed, frum boys. She turns back around to the cashier and mentions to her co that she should find out who these guys are, as they are the 'type' of guy who I, her friend is looking for. Then she realized her time was up at the parking meter, so as she is driving back to her office she calls me and tells me to quickly run to the cafe and to look our for these 2 guys.

Not only that, she also tells me what they are wearing and where they are sitting. So, I quickly drive down to this place hoping these guys will be there. Sure enough, sitting in the exact spot she mentioned, I notice 2 men dressed as she described them. I quickly fix my hair, pull down my sweater, suck in my extra fat and walk confidently into the cafe, strolling right past them to get a look.

Turns out.......i know who they both are......and who they are MARRIED to.......

so much for a hunk of a lunch break!

So, I call my bestie and thank her immensely. Then I break the news to her, and I must admit, I wasn't even upset. Infact, I was sooo grateful that she thought of me. That she called me right away and had me in mind. And, yes, they are 'my type', so Kol HaKavod to Rochele, for thinking of others.

Think about it-when you see a goodlookin guy on the street, you automatically switch to 'cruisecontrol' and try and find out what you can for YOUR OWN interest. Rochele, however, saw two goodlookin men and thought 'this is exactly what my FRIEND is lookin for'.

so Kudos to you Roch!

May you be Blessed to find the Right One in the Right Time, and that time should be soon.


p.s. tis a good thing they were married....as today=Murphy's law, I woke up with a tremendous cold. I walked to my office with 3 packs of Ricola, 2 boxes of Tylenol Cold, and a box of Tissues. Even though it is GORGEOUS summer, sunny weather, I am wearing 3 layers (one of which is a sweatshirt, then a sweater, then a T-shirt), a black slinky skirt and thick socks. I look like Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and I can't stop sneezing.

So, if there would be 2 goodlookin single guys there, they definitely wouldn't be attracted to me, a walking cold advertisement.


May you all be Blessed with such A-M-A-Z-I-N-G friends and Rochele, I hope I can repay you someday by finding you a real catch....if you ARE reading this-r u up for coffee 2night?

5 comments:

  1. OHMYGOSH!!! I can't believe they're MARRIED!! dang it! But I'm gonna find your guy - even if I have to learn to suck it up and walk up to random guys asking if they're single...*grins* And forget about just me, each one of us should look after our friends - it's only normal! Oh, and I'm TOTALLY up for coffee...or B&J ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey i just found your blog!
    Your friend is really nice, pity they were married though :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so hypothetically speaking if they were 2 single guys, what exactly were you going to do? Sit down between them and introduce yourself? Hey guys!! Wanna date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never underestimate the stalking ability of SJF.

    Although I usually fail miserably at that task.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What You See Is What You GetSeptember 22, 2009 at 9:47 PM

    In this day and age, when there are so many vicious stereotypes about single girls being jealous of one another,this is so refreshing to read. So there to all those stereotype spreaders, there realy does exist a frum single female who is well adjusted and happy, so happy in fact that she is ready to help out a friend in the area of shidduchim. Thanks for proving that a lot of what is said regarding the girls in shidduchim is NOT necessarily true!

    ReplyDelete