Sunday, August 1, 2010

Warning Sign?

I was in Shul Shabbos when one of the women leans over and whispers something in my ear. In all of honesty, I was trying to hear another conversation so I just smiled at the woman and said uh huh.
2 minutes later when I realized I didn't have in on EITHER convo, I turned to the woman who was whispering and asked her what she said.
She told me there was a frum couple who went on a date that week and she wanted to give me a warning. She explained that she knew the boy and his family and they are very frum, nice people. The boy took the girl to the city, or as some people call it 'downtown' and they went to a lounge, or something of the likes. The guy walks with the girl to the bar and asks her if she would like some wine.
The girl asked the guy-'is the wine here Kosher?'
....it wasn't.

So, this woman was just giving me a word of warning. Now, I don't know this guy or this girl, but I guess she meant don't rely on anyone, no matter how frum someone is or may appear, always rely on your instincts.

and also, in this guy's case, if the girl wouldn't ask him...-don't drink and drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment