With Purim just behind us, I was really thinking about how great it would be if Purim would be once a week, or atleast more often than once a year-and by that I definitely do not mean the drunk men, or vomiting bochurim all over the place.
I'm not talking about the sugar highs, or alcohol highs either, or the costumes.
I'm talkin about being open and 'out there' without any inhibitions and taking risks.
This is why I think it would be AWESOME to meet your Bashert on purim, or when he's drunk (which hopefully only happens ON purim) and here's why.
1. You get to see how he REALLY acts (he's off-guard).
2. You can find out all the dark secrets easily (more alcohol for the high guy!).
3. See more of his 'fun' side.
4. Open and honest communication on his part (especially without fear of regretting what he's saying)
5. You can see him at his worst (without even putting him on edge) & decide if you can handle it.
6. Skeletons walk out of the closet easily-who needs the reference phone investigations?
7. You can ask him ANY questions you may have without being embarassed AND get the answers from him AND not have to deal with him remembering and questioning you about it the next day!
8. If he does NOT get drunk after 2 bottles-you know he's an alcoholic & end the relationship.
9. If you think he's a jerk-you can tell him straight to his face without the guilt
10. Video the best and worst moments-play back for years and years to come!