Friday, January 29, 2010

There are SOME!

Every once in a while, you meet someone and they make an impression on you. Depending on the person you meet, you either walk away, feeling inspired, feeling like ur ego was just minimized to the size of a marble, or feeling like you're on top of the world!
Well, in MY world=aka, the world of Shidduchim, I get to meet aLOT of people. Now, let's put the boys aside for a sec.
OK, so with the boys outta the picture, we have the shadchans. Women, men, singles, Rabbis, neighbors, friends, group, etc. Amongst the emails and faxes, the resumes, the pictures-sometimes you actually get to MEET these people so they can talk with you, see how you look-in person and sorta get a 'feel' of what kinda girl you are so they can perhaps, and hopefully, find someone more suitable. When you're lucky-you meet someone who doesn't make you feel like a pathetic shmatta for still being single (even tho, its not by choice) and being 'old' (whatever age you may be) and isn't the Chizuk Lady.
Yesterday I was lucky enough to meet such a person! Well, honestly, I've met this Shadchan before, but it was a few years ago and even the first time I met them, I was soo 'wowed' by the way I was treated and how I felt when I left there that I just had to go and meet again. To put it in short: instead of sitting through the 20 questions, then Jewish geography, then 'why aren't you married yet?' and then 'well, the guy you're looking for doesn't exist' or 'girls don't want THOSE type of boys', I had a very nice warm welcome. Even though on the phone, I was told that the timing wasn't exactly the greatest, nevertheless I was told to come right away. I was given 15 minutes of uninterrupted nice talk. And yes, the blackberry was buzzing away, but they didn't pick it up, the concentrated on me, took notes and even sat there in deep concentration listening and trying to think of someone. I was complimented on my way out for my cheerful outlook and told to continue smiling. Then, I was treated with the utmost respect, as they walked me out of the house and to the corner, where my car was parked.
Yes, boys & girls-even though they are few and hard to find-there are some NICE shadchans around! Lemme just say, I walked outta there with a smile on my face (which is rare when leaving a Shadchan) and didn't even feel one bit upset that they couldn't think of a single guy for me. Because I felt like a real person!
With that I wish you all an awesome Shabbos & Happy Tu B'Shvat!

No comments:

Post a Comment