Thursday, January 7, 2010

delay tactics...

Ever use delay tactics, or better yet, has anyone ever used delay tactics on YOU?
I'm a victim of delay tactic #35987 (ok. perhaps I am exaggerating-but I've had my share...)
Here's the deal:
This guy was 'redd' to me say, abut 3 weeks ago.
He's from out of town, so I hadta track down the few people I know who are either
a) from that same town
b) married someone from that town
c) has a sister/brother living in that town
d) used to live in that town, etc.
This was redd round xmas time, so whoever I called was on vacation or taking the day off, hence I couldn't get through to anyone, which delayed the 411 process.
When I finally did get through to the people 'in the know' 2 of them didn't know this boy. One mentioned he saw the dad every so often but that was all he knew about!
Finally, a week after it was 'officially suggested', the Shadchan calls and says the boy's mother is wondering what is taking so long...ya that 'boy's mom thing' ain't really a turn on (specially when you know that the guy took more than a week to look into you and give the go ahead) but these days its all about the boys moms, so what can u do? Anyway, they need an answer and Im trying to get thru to my last contact of that town. At last, she calls back, it happens to be her neighbor and she knows the family really well.
I call back the shadchan and give the go ahead. Shadchan tells me she will see if he can come in to date me first.
A few days later, the Shadchan emails me to say the boy isn't feeling good.
The next week she emails me stating that he is really busy, work has come up and he can't come i.
The next time she emails me asking if I can come in the next week.
Stalling tactics? Me thinks yes!
Excuses? definitely-altho no extra points for non-creativity of reasoning.
How do we get this guy to actually get off his rear and get himself here to date? NO CLUE!

1 comment:

  1. I guess if you really want to try him out make your move and get to his town. If not or if you feel like playing a role then tell shadchan you won't go let he come. If he's interested he'll come. If he's not interested what's the point? If his mom is ruling the deal - who are you planning to marry - guy or his mom?

    ReplyDelete