Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Too Old to be Picky

Most people have lists to remind them of things on a day to day basis. Some have electronic reminders-blackberries beeping, cellphones vibrating, text alerts, etc. I don't have lists, I have people! Yes folks, be it at a wedding, a community event, or just in the grocery, I am constantly being reminded by 'caring' individuals that I am single and that I need to get married, and no, I'm not getting any younger. Good thing they're keeping track of my age, but then, where are the birthday presents!?
What about the ones who spend 15 minutes telling you how 'you can't be too picky' or 'you're not 18 anymore so...'? I mean, so what, so you're not a teenager and you're not new to dating-does that mean you havta go with EVERY single Shidduch that is suggested, even if its not what you are looking for or what you want? Does it make you picky if you say no because its not even in the ballpark and you're OMG! a whole 24 years old!
An older lady once told me: not everyone gets a knight in shining armor on beautiful white horse. I looked at her and said "I'm not looking for a knight in shining armor on a white horse, but I would be willing to settle for mother of pearl (color)".

1 comment:

  1. How about a squire on a donkey? ;-)

    What are you looking for?

    ReplyDelete