Sunday, July 25, 2010

Why do they care??

I feel like lately people care-
WAY TOO MUCH!
Don't get me wrong, I think it's really sweet and all and people should take the time and care-but there should definitely be a limit to how much caring one is allowed.
Like, for example, my neighbor, Mrs. D. Mrs. D takes a nice stroll Shabbos afternoon and I meet her on the street and say good shabbos. From that good shabbos comes a 'oh, nice to see you, howz it goin? do you work during the summer? are you going on vacation, etc.'
From there it gets to, 'so you're goin to ___? why? do you have a Simcha?'
and if I'm not going anywhere, it goes like this: 'Why aren't you going anywhere? girls your age should get out more often. now'z the time, especially when you're still single and you can get out. you should be seen, try and find someone y'know' whilst she gently 'nudge-nudges' you in the arm.
And this is only ONE person.
I've been getting the 20 questions from numerous people lately that I just find new answers or use something vague like 'not sure yet, don't have any plans, but lookin into somethin...'
Anyway, I'm beginning to feel like people just wanna know your business and what is going on in ur life as opposed to really and truly caring about you and your well-being.
but that's just my humble opinion....

1 comment:

  1. Yenta. There, I said it.

    I have neighbors, who do ask me rather worriedly if I am dating (to which I respond that dating does not automatically mean marriage), but it doesn't turn into a whole question/answer session, or better yet, an interrogation.

    I suppose your best bet is to: (1) pretend to be extremely busy ("Gotta go!") (2) change the subject into their territory - no one can resist talking about their children ("How's your daughter in Uruguay doing?") (3) run (in the opposite direction) when they come into view. The last one has worked very well for me.

    ReplyDelete