Monday, December 14, 2009

National Nudge


They're everywhere! Every community, town, city, country, etc.

A "NATIONAL NUDGE"


Yes, folks, I am fortunate to have not one, but many 'nice nudges' to 'work on my case', because 'they want to help me' and lastly, it's for 'my benefit' that they are doing this, aka-trying to get me married. My take-trying to bud into my personal life-but that's a story for another time.

So, the particular National Nudge I'm talking about, let's name her "Nechy Nudge" and here's a typical little story of how she works.

Nechy Nudge is driving her daughter to her friend's house when a pedestrian is crossing the road. Nechy stops to allow the pedestrian to cross, only realizing that this pedestrian is in fact oh-so-old and yet-single, Shaindy, who is all of 24 years old. Nechy carefully eyes Shaindy, has pity in her eyes and vows to do everything in her power to get Shaindy married off. As quickly as the idea popped into her little brain, Nechy Nudge runs into her home almost immediately after dropping her daughter off and runs through her phonebook. She calls atleast half a dozen people and goes through her 'book of boys'. She finally finds one boy, who is also single and he happens to be 25. BAM! Like lightning, it hits her: this is the perfect Shidduch.

For starters, he's a guy, she's a girl, they're both single, they're both Jewish, and he is one year older than her-what's not to love, huh?

Nechy Nudge starts calling BOTH sides at the same time to get things running.


ok, a little background information-Nechy Nudge is type to call with all info, only for one side-aka yours truly, to find out that the guy never existed! or, to give "Nechy" the benefit of the doubt, if the guy did exist-she got ALL information wrong.

After that experience with Nechy Nudge, and knowing that she is the town nudge, when and if I do happen to cross paths, I walk, more likely RUN the other way. When she calls our house, once every lightbulb shows up over her head, we don't pick up the phone.


So, I'm thinking, with all these inventions out there, all these 80,000 apps, all this new technology, is there no way to auto-avoid calls from National Nudges. For now, we just ignore and hopefully they get the message, but there must be another smart way to do this. I know in NYC some people don't accept calls from blocked numbers. What about blocked brain cells?

1 comment:

  1. Been there. But I think her motivation was to keep me away from her eligible son.

    That was a BAAAAAAAAAD date.

    ReplyDelete