Tuesday, October 27, 2009

There ARE some good apples out there!

Hey Folks! This post is gonna be different from the usual 'rant' and 'satire' that you've become accustomed 2 on this site.
That's because in the last while, most of the guys I dated (notice I said 'most' and not 'all) were totally not shayach/losers/rude/bums/need I say more, etc.
However, while lying in bed last night, I realized that I should take some time atleast each day and think about all the good I have in my life and what I have to be thankful for. Hence, this post.
So, the last guy I dated was 'redd' through a close friend of mine. In fact, when I usually get 'The Call' from a shadchan or other person doing the 'redding' then we take down all the info and do the research. However, since this was done through a close friend, there was really no need. We had full faith and the fact that they actually met/saw/know the guy really added some comfort to the whole process. So, basically the entire process went really quickly-by that I mean, the guy gave an answer almost immediately and we were 'maskim' to go ahead as well. Not only that, but he was an out-of-towner as well, AND he came in for the first date! (score 2-1: guys) Just for the record, it was a loooong way to travel but I was happy that he was the one doing it, especially since the last few guys I went out with, I was the one traveling up to 10-11 hours!
OK, back to the good news: the guy showed up and wasn't a friek of nature, wasn't a 'thriller-lookin zombie' from the MJ movie (lekavod halloween) and didn't have any obvious really creepy twitches. That was a sigh of relief-ok, fine, I have to show Hakaros Hatov-he was even better than average looking!
Third good thing-the guy had personality! as opposed to the previous few I've went out who were better off at being mannequins.
ok, so the long story short-it didn't work out, but the good news, he was a REALLY nice, honest, sincere guy, from a family full of chesed. He was friendly, funny, talkative and good looking.
People-There IS hope! and that's the lesson learned from that dating episode. So, as hard as it may be to believe there are nice, normal guys around-I know atleast one who's single :)

1 comment:

  1. I would say 50% of the guys I went out with were nice. It's just the jerks take up so much mental space.

    ReplyDelete