Sunday, March 1, 2015

March Madness

Give in the towel. That's what they all say. Just forget about all the nitty, gritty details of Shidduch resumes and jump right in.
So that's what I decided to do. Seriously. Me-the most untrusting individual in the world, just going on a whim with the next suggestion that comes up. And so it did. I received a call from a Shadchan about a boy that was suggested a few times in the past. Each time I said no, based on my bestie's advice. You see-she dated him a while back and I remember her 'horror' story about the date. So when it was suggested in the past, I just said 'thanks, but it's not for me' and walked away.
Until the other night, when the Shadchan called. She seemed to already know my bestie and the fact that we were really close. She asked me not to take the whole story into consideration and to keep in mind the time that had passed since then and the fact that the guy is an all around normal frum guy. I had just made the little deal with myself to 'jump in the deep end' and decided, well, what's the worst that can happen. So I gave the Shadchan my go ahead and she was utterly delighted with my 'yes'. Now that this madness had commenced I was already in it and too late to back out. Except, even though I had made plans to be in NY and the guy was from NY, he wouldn't be there at the same time. Which, I must say is a bummer, being that I finally did something daring and crazy. 
So all the madness for nothing? or we just wait until NY guy gets back and let time take its course.....

No comments:

Post a Comment