Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Complimentary or Creepy?!

Similar to this post, I had an interesting dating experience last week. This guy showed up and almost immediately asked what color lipstick I was wearing. Within the first 10 minutes of the date. Literally.
I really wonder what my facial expression was at the time. Would've loved to have been punk'd, just so I could've watched my reaction.
In any case, I'm sure you can imagine the outcome....
Needless to say, the entire time his eyes were on my lips. It felt a little too intrusive and it may be feel sorta untznius at the same time-without even doing anything wrong.
Awkward can't even begin to describe it.
Needless to say, there was no second date.

7 comments:

  1. Ew. I mean, to compliment a girl that she looks nice is one thing. To compliment her lips and stare at them is quite another. Freaking perv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time stare at his stomach after asking him if he works out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister was freaked when a guy said, right away, "I like your perfume." And that didn't even involve any staring!

    Men: Mental filter. Such compliments aren't for the the first date. Or even the second.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had similar experiences - ugh. Unfortunately you're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, one more thing: Takka, what lipstick was it? I'm always on the search . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Princess-lol, that date, I was wearing Maybelline 'magnificent mauve'
    Professor-I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I disagree - even if it sounds a bit odd, considering that was the only weird comment the guy made, I don't think you should be basing a whole date on one comment. If you are, then you really have no right to complain about how difficult it is to date a 'normal' guy because everyone says something ridiculous at some point and not everyone is always on top of their game. All I'm saying is...gotta give the benefit of the doubt considering the comment in its entirety sounds very very very trivial.

    ReplyDelete