Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Outfit overdone?

This past weekend, I had a date that was set up about 2 weeks ago as the i was traveling in from out of town and had to make travel arrangements. The unfortunate thing was that one cannot plan weather. Hence, I packed a few nice outfits as always, except I wasn't prepared for a snowstorm! I didn't have the proper winter accessories and was kinda hoping the guy would cancel for whatever winter snowstorm reason he could come up with from shoveling out his car to icy roads, etc. 
But this was not to be. The only issue was that the house I was saying at was on a street that had no way to get down, sorta like a dead end with double parked cars. We made up to meet at a certain corner where he would pick me up. But that meant I would havta walk...in the snowstorm...with no proper winter accessories. So I did what any BY girl would do, I took my freshly blowdried hair and tucked it under my Abercrombie & Fitch hoodie which I wore on top of my clothes and under my jacket. I didn't have boots and was afraid my black suede heels would get killed in the snow so I wore my everyday flats. Yes. This is how I met the guy, with a hoodie and flats, if u know me, this is totally NOT my style but at the same time, u gotta manage and adapt to surroundings. If I would wear my black suede heels, I may have either slipped or walked like someone on eggshells and my hair, uncovered in the snow would puff out like a peacock's feathers in mating season. 
Suffice it to say, I did mumble an apology as we got to the coffee shop and I quickly removed my hoodie. It didn't make a difference though as the guy said no. Or maybe he said no because of my outfit. 
Who knows. 

3 comments:

  1. Rabbi Shmuel Kamenetsky, Rosh HaYeshivah of the Philadelphia Yeshivah:
    Today smoking is a Torah prohibition, because today we know the dangers.
    There is no question in my mind that if the chachamim [the early sages] would be around today, they would forbid smoking because it brings a person into a sachanah [danger].
    …there is also a danger for the people around him who can be affected by the smoke.
    SOURCE: Who Wants Life by Baruch Twersky, Mishpacha Jewish Family weekly, 2007 April 11 (5767 Nisan 23), page 33

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was an article about how in this bad weather there is an extreme uptick in emergency room visits, and the doctors cite women's insistence on wearing stilleto boots in bad weather. Better safe than broken!

    ReplyDelete