Sunday, July 5, 2015

Why Bother With Research?

You know the random suggestions you get every so often? The type when someone you don't know and never met, somehow calls you and has this great idea and you can't figure out how said-person actually even heard of you?
Well, just this past week this woman randomly called my house. Seems she met someone at a wedding who spoke about me and my single-status and this woman suddenly had a great idea as she knew of a guy same age and single as well!
So pants with skirt story continued with a name drop as well as the city the guy lives in. I did some research and lo and behold actually found out he did indeed exist yet he was no where near what I was looking for. Yes I have my specifics and yes I TRY and be open minded but this was quite far off. I was actually insulted with the suggestion and decided I wouldn't say anything mean as for starters the woman didn't even know me. 
In any case I was told to find out some info first and then the boy would look into me. I asked around and sure enough, after enough research found out even more that the guy was totally not for me. 
So I was PROACTIVE. Yes folks, I tracked down someone who was close with the boy himself and asked if he would even be open to dating someone like me. Sure enough the answer was an apologetic 'no'. 
And was I happy? Surely I was! I was polite, courteous, despite how insulted I was and handled things in a respectful manner.  
So why bother with all the nerves and emotions without even asking the guy first if this was at all a possibility?
Think about how much time and energy and hope could've been saved

1 comment:

  1. Beeeeen there. It's annoying, because the shadchan usually puts it on you for not being "open," and yet the guy has no intention of going out with someone like us in the first place! Why not just ask him and avoid all this brouhaha?

    ReplyDelete